After establishing themselves as one of black baseball's powerhouse independents during the 1910s, the Cuban Stars (variously known as the Cuban Stars, Cuban Stars-East and Cuban Giants), joined the Eastern Colored League in its inaugural season and continued in that circuit until the league folded in 1928. In subsequent years the team played in the American Negro League (a single season), the East-West League and as an independent.
Throughout their years of league competition and continuing to 1934 the club played its home games at Dyckman Oval.
In 1935 team owner Alex Pompez renamed the team the New York Cubans.
Photo ©2002 P.Mills. All rights reserved.